Very often young carers do not have anyone to share their worries and frustrations with. Our Young Carers' Project team are here for you.
We can help you to find the support that is right for YOU. We offer fun, friends and advice at no cost to the family.
- Regular drop-ins - drop-in for 5-8 years on 1st and 3rd Monday of the month & 9-12 years on 2nd and 4th Monday of the month (term time only)
- Youth Group - weekly drop in for teenage carers (term time only)
- One to one support - provides you with a safe and confidential space to speak freely and seek help and advice.
- Outings and activities - this is your time to have fun, learn new skills and gain some new friends along the way.
- Targeted support - our targeted suport worker supports young carers from families where there are complex needs and/or a lack of support to family members.
- Focus Groups - this is an opportunity to have your voice heard and your views listened to about things that affect YOU!
- Mentoring Project - an opportunity to meet up with a mentor who can provide you with support and a listening ear.
How we can help during lockdown:
- Weekly Drop-in virtual meets on Zoom - drop-in every Monday afterschool. (Age group 5-11s)
- Weekly Youth group virtual meets on Zoom - Youth club every Thursday for year group 7&8s and later in the evening for year group 9-11s.
- (Take a look out our Zoom schedule for more info!)
- Activity Packs - these packs are sent during school holidays including; arts and crafts, cooking and recipes, science and nature kits.
- Referrals to food parcel servies - we can help refer vulnerable families to recieve food parcels.
What parents and guardians say about our Project:
"He benefited greatly from the support. He seemed to value himself more because he saw someone valued him. The relationship and the time given has been invaluable. Thank you (more than words can say)."
"I want to say thank you for all the support you are giving to Tim and me. We have felt so much less alone because of it."